Minnesota law enforcement said the FBI is refusing to share any evidence in the investigation of Alex Pretti’s death. Pretti was shot on January 24 by Customs and Border Protection officers during a federal immigration enforcement operation in Minneapolis. This killing happened shortly after two other shootings involving immigration officials: Renee Good and Julio C Sosa-Celis. On Monday, Minnesota’s Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) said the FBI formally notified them it would not provide any related information or evidence. Governor Tim Walz demanded an “impartial” investigation into these shootings. He said, “Trump’s left hand cannot investigate his right hand. The families of the deceased deserve better.” Drew Evans, BCA’s superintendent, expressed frustration, calling the FBI’s lack of cooperation “concerning and unprecedented.” He added the BCA remains committed to a thorough and transparent investigation and will seek legal routes to access evidence. The FBI also declined to share information on the shootings of Good and Sosa-Celis, forcing the BCA to halt its probe into Good’s case. The BCA said in January, “full access to evidence, witnesses and information is necessary to meet the investigative standard that Minnesota law and the public demands; without it, we cannot do so.” The Trump administration launched “Operation Metro Surge” in December, sending federal agents to Minneapolis for tough immigrant roundups. This operation has resulted in multiple violent incidents. Pretti and Good were both US citizens watching the operations when they were shot. Good was shot inside her car by an ICE officer. Officials falsely accused her of using her vehicle as a weapon, but local authorities rejected these claims. Sosa-Celis was shot in the leg by an ICE officer last month. Initially, officials said he and two others “ambushed” the officer, who fired in self-defense. However, two ICE officials are now under investigation for allegedly lying under oath about the incident.