On Monday, February 16, 2026, at least 28 schools in Ahmedabad and Vadodara, Gujarat, received bomb threat emails. Authorities evacuated the schools immediately and launched search operations. District Education Officer Rohit Chaudhary said more than 15 schools in Ahmedabad were targeted. "All the schools were instructed to immediately inform the nearby police stations and follow security protocol," he said. Vadodara Police Commissioner Narasimha Komar confirmed 13 schools in different city parts got bomb threat emails. The schools' managements informed the police control room promptly. Police, Special Operations Group (SOG), Crime Branch, and Bomb Detection and Disposal Squads (BDDS) carried out thorough sanitisation and evacuated students and teachers. "Sanitisation exercise of nine schools has been completed, and the process is underway for the remaining schools. A case has been registered by the cybercrime police. A detailed investigation will be carried out to find out the source of the emails and the sender’s identity, and to thwart their attempt," Mr. Komar said. Vadodara’s Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime), Himanshu Verma, said no suspicious items have been found so far. Students were sent back home safely. Among the targeted schools were DAV International School, Asia School, Ankur International School, Sant Kabir School in Ahmedabad; and D.R. Amin School, Urmi School, Baroda High School, and Don Bosco in Vadodara. Mr. Komar added, "Prima facie, such emails are mischievous, but the police will probe them with all seriousness." Similar bomb threat emails were received by several Ahmedabad schools on January 23, 2026, which were later found to be hoaxes.