On Tuesday, eight Muslim countries including Pakistan, Egypt, Jordan, UAE, Indonesia, Türkiye, Saudi Arabia, and Qatar condemned Israel’s decision to register large parts of the occupied West Bank as "state property." This is the first such move since Israel’s occupation began in 1967. The step violates international law which forbids an occupying power from confiscating land in occupied territories. Israel’s foreign ministry said this was to "enable transparent and thorough clarification of rights to resolve legal disputes." However, the eight countries called it "a grave escalation" aimed at speeding up illegal settlements and land grabs, and deepening Israeli control. The joint statement said, "This illegal step constitutes a grave escalation aimed at accelerating illegal settlement activity, land confiscation, entrenching Israeli control, and applying unlawful Israeli sovereignty over the Occupied Palestinian Territory and undermining the legitimate rights of the Palestinian people." They added the move violated the Fourth Geneva Convention and United Nations Security Council Resolution 2334. The statement also cited the International Court of Justice’s advisory opinion, which stressed that such Israeli actions are illegal and obstruct peace efforts. The ministers said this act "imposes a new legal and administrative reality designed to consolidate control over the occupied land," and damages the prospects of a two-state solution. Pakistan had earlier called upon the international community to reject Israel’s actions. UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres described the move as destabilizing and illegal. Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Qatar, Jordan, and the European Union also condemned the step, calling for its reversal. The Palestinian Authority in Ramallah urged for international intervention to stop what they see as the start of annexation, threatening the foundation of the Palestinian state.