Families across Iran held mourning ceremonies to remember loved ones killed during protests last month. The gatherings at Tehran's Behesht-e Zahra cemetery and other cities marked the traditional 40-day mourning period since January 8-9, when thousands reportedly died amid a government-imposed internet blackout. Videos show ceremonies in cities like Lahijan, Quchan, Mashhad, and Marvdasht. Mourners chanted “for each person killed, thousands are behind them,” spread flower petals, lit candles, and clapped in solidarity. At a ceremony for 19-year-old Sepehr Shokri, who was killed in the protests, his father told the crowd, “Don’t talk of death, but of life and happiness,” praising his son’s sacrifice for the country. Some events in smaller towns saw bullet sounds and panicked mourning crowds. The Coordinating Council of Iranian Teachers’ Trade Associations reported large teacher and student strikes on Tuesday and Wednesday. Schools in suburbs of Tehran and other towns were mostly closed as students stayed away. This came despite threats from school principals and pressure from the Ministry of Education. The council said at least 230 children and teenagers were killed during the protests. Iran’s Justice Minister confirmed that some arrested minors remain in jail, while many have been released. A parliament education spokesman said 17% of protesters were teenagers, with some school classes fully involved. Security forces continue to patrol schools and universities; families are worried about sending children to classes. Tehran University students held peaceful demonstrations on campus to mark the 40th day since the peak protest killings. Authorities previously showed support for Supreme Leader Khamenei with banners and displayed damaged vehicles blamed on protesters. The Iranian government claims 3,117 deaths during the unrest, blaming armed "terrorists" backed by foreign powers. However, UN and rights groups accuse state forces of excessive lethal force and report thousands of protest-related deaths. The UN Human Rights Council censured Iran last month. The Iranian government also held official ceremonies with top officials present. Supreme Leader Khamenei categorized the dead into three groups: security forces as martyrs, innocent civilians as "passersby," and those misled by opposition as mistaken but forgiven. He condemned ‘‘corrupt individuals’’ and ‘‘coup plotters’’ as condemned to hell.